It’s that time of year!! Time to plan out the Thanksgiving feast. Who am I kidding…I’ve had this meal planned since September! Though I will be celebrating with my husband and his family who are eating a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, I am making myself (and anyone else who wants to sample) an all vegan meal. Below is my meal plan for the day as well as some additional ideas for anyone looking to eat a vegan Thanksgiving dinner.
Shelley’s Thanksgiving Meal Plan
- Appetizer – crudites with roasted red pepper hummus (fresh, raw veggies are low-calorie so you don’t end up eating too much before the meal actually starts!!) This is something that everyone will enjoy.
- Main dish – who needs turkey when you can enjoy Stuffed Squash (stuffed with onions, spinach, toasted walnuts, and dried cranberries) This dish can easily be prepared the day before and then reheated in the oven right before meal time.
- Side – Roasted brussel sprouts. Clean, halve, drizzle with EVOO and salt and pepper. Roast at 400 until crispy
- Side – fresh cherry tomatoes (I always enjoy these with my squash!)
- Side – herbed couscous
- Dessert -Vegan Pumpkin Pie with coconut whip
- Squash, Quinoa, and Black Bean Salad
- Massaged Kale Salad
- Vegan Mashed Potatoes (my husband says they are just as good as traditional!)
- 5 Ingredient Acorn Squash Soup
- Simply prepare store-bought stuffing with vegetable stock instead of chicken stock
- Roasted vegetable tray with onion, pepper, carrots, potatoes, asparagus, green beans, etc (same directions as roasted brussel sprouts)
- Pumpkin Pie-Brownie Cupcakes (yes please!!)