Ok so I couldn’t help myself with the cheesy post title!! But it’s true…I have been eating high raw this weekend and feeling amazing. It just so happens that one of my February goals was to eat more raw foods and now my body is craving them. I love when my mind and body sync up perfectly!! I go through periods of eating a little raw food and really wanting as much raw food as I can get. I’m not sure what makes this happen but I don’t ever tell my body no when it wants unlimited veggies and fruit!! I decided to keep track of my eats to give you a little peek into my personal raw experience….
- Breakfast – I didn’t start off raw. Friday morning I had pancakes and hot cocoa for breakfast
- Lunch – However, once I woke up from a nap I decided I wanted to eat some raw foods. Lunch was a green smoothie with almond milk, spinach, protein powder (raw, vegan vanilla flavor), banana, and coconut oil. And yes I was freezing the whole time I drank it!
- Snack – I snacked on an apple with “almond fluff” and 1/2 banana
- Dinner – raw nori rolls with avocado, red pepper, cucumber, and carrot. I had a raw cacao macaroon for dessert
- I started the morning off with a “green shooter” aka spirulina blended with water and lemon juice. Not for the faint of heart!!
- Breakfast – raw granola with sliced banana and almond milk (sooooo good!)
- Lunch – raw sandwich made with juice pulp crackers, spread with zucchini hummus, and topped with avocado, tomato, onion, and greens. Side of additional zucchini hummus with raw veggies to dip
- Snack – raw brownie balls rolled in shredded coconut
- Dinner – purple-green smoothie with added celery
- I started the day with a method mat sculpting workout (killer!) and chased it with some fresh green juice (kale stems, chard, romaine, celery, parsley, cucumber, green apple)
- Breakfast was another bowl of grawnola with banana and almond milk. Side of hot tea because I just couldn’t warm up!!
- Snack – dark chocolate…not raw but still delicious!!
- Lunch – another raw sammie (with extra raw crackers and zucchini hummus) and some green grapes and a clementine shared with my husband. Please ignore the mess!
- Dinner – amazing raw veggie salad wrapped in chard leaves. side of roasted brussel sprouts (again, not raw but still nutritious and oh-so-delicious…I was craving them bad!) Dessert was a fresh fruit bowl
I’m planning on continuing the high raw food through the week (and as long as my body wants!). So I will share my favorite raw food resources with you this week. Happy Mondays to all!!