Day 1 of the Spring Cleanse is in the books. Overall it was a delicious and satisfying day of healthy foods. Most of the meals I post for the next 2 weeks are not going to be my own recipes so unfortunately I cannot share too many details with you.
- Green shooter (spirulina+water+lemon juice)
- My favorite green smoothie: romaine, spinach, celery, cucumber, green apple, chia, coconut oil, and lemon. It really turned out neon green today!
- If you don’t have a grapefruit spoon you should get one (I got it at Target) it makes things so much easier and less messy
- Quinoa stuffed bell peppers
- I added a bit to the original recipe (mainly leftover food I needed to eat): garlic, green onions, brussel sprouts, currants, and slivered almonds
- side of kale chips
- Superfood Kaleslaw (recipe in the cleanse) with added bell pepper, cucumber, tomato, and jicama. SO GOOD. This will be a cleanse meal that I take with me for the long run (I can just imagine how delicious it would be with some added tamari and edamame)
- Served with raw nori sheets – you can either scoop the salad up as shown or tear the nori into smaller pieces and stir into the salad (sushi bowl style). The wetness from the salad softens the nori and makes it delicious.
- dry brushing before my shower
- walk on lunch to get my lymph system going
- Epsom salt soak in the evening
- plenty of H2O throughout the day (in the neighborhood of 110 oz)
Although I was extremely tired from a terrible night of sleep, I felt great throughout the day. I wouldn’t imagine feeling any “detox” symptoms on the first day. We will see what day 2 holds.