Hello from beautiful Durango, Colorado!
Although we just arrived Sunday evening, I can already tell you that I love it here! It is so refreshing to live in a small town again. The people are so friendly and the town itself is quant and breathtaking.
For the time being, I am working on putting the house and my office area together. Things are slow going and a bit overwhelming!
I promise to be back with a longer update on the move, but for now I thought I’d share a quick meal idea. If only I had all the stuff on hand to make this….I’m running on fumes (well, fumes and green juice)!
Quick Black Bean Tostada Pita (serves 1)
- Whole Wheat Pita
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup black beans (depending on how much you love beans!)
- Tomato, diced (I used grape tomatoes)
- Jalapenos as desired
- Spoonful of salsa
- 1/4 cup corn
- Spinach, shredded
- Green onion
- Romaine, shredded
- Smashed or diced avocado
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl, combine beans, tomatoes, jalapenos, salsa, corn, and spinach. Add spicy seasonings if desired (I recommend garlic powder, cumin, and chili powder). Heat the mixture either on the stove or in the microwave, smashing with a fork until well mixed
- Spread the mixture over the pita. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until entire pita is crispy.
- Top with shredded romaine, green onion, and a dollop of avocado.
This tostada makes a perfect throw together lunch or dinner. Remember to use whatever ingredients you love and have on hand.
Hopefully I will be back soon with a move update…wish me luck!