The theme for today’s eats was “they can’t all be winners.” Seriously, this was a crapshoot as far as food went and most of it was my fault. In the end, it was a highly nutritious day so I can’t complain too much.
I started the morning with a little oil pulling and rebounding.
Word to the wise: do not try to do these at the same time. I tried that yesterday and almost threw up everywhere after 2 minutes. Both oil pulling and rebounding are great detoxers and I think it was just way too much on my body first thing in the morning.
- It was 10 degrees this morning and I drank a smoothie…I’m smart like that
- This was an Acai “Power Smoothie” from For the Glow. I actually really like it, there’s something weird about it that makes it taste “off” but I’ve still been craving them (and I’ve had 4 this week!).
I had an AM snack of pepitas (raw pumpkin seeds) and goji berries
- Lunch was a kale salad that was good about 4 days ago…but today it was well past its prime. In the mix: kale, celery, apple, walnuts, goji berries, red quinoa, and a tahini dressing
- It did inspire me to make a Thanksgiving Kale Salad this week, I will try to have the recipe up by the weekend.
- On the side I had a Kombucha which are normally fantastic, but today there was a large culture that made me gag and left me queasy for a while after lunch. I may never be able to drink kombucha again.
Sometime in the afternoon I thought it would be fun to do some selfies at my desk and this was the best I could come up with. Some people can just pull off the “looking up and to the side” look and I ain’t one of them…but I gave it my best shot. I’m not sure what I would have done if someone walked up on me?
After work I hit up a Spin class at the gym. When I first went I wasn’t sure what I thought of it but I’ll admit, spin and the teacher are growing on me. I’ve been 3 times now and push myself a little harder each time. Today I was soaked in sweat by the end and got a double high five from the instructor. It’s hard not to get excited in the class because she is PUMPED about spinning.
- This may be the ugliest dinner ever…zucchini noodles with raw marinara. It was terrible. I take full responsibility because I messed with the recipe quite a bit to use what I had on hand. I could barely eat it.
- I am a huge fan of raw noodles but have never really liked a raw marinara…in my opinion tomato sauce is just one of those things best served hot over real noodles. As far as raw goes, I think I’ll stick with my Raw Spicy Almond Noodles and the garlic cream noodles from Choosing Raw.
- On the side were some severely over-salted kale chips (cooked in the oven….I do prefer raw).
It’s hard to complain too much because at the end of the day I am full and nourished. I do not want to take for granted the fact that I am able to be picky about the foods that I eat. That being said, I find such pleasure and comfort in good tasting foods and today was more gross than great. Hopefully tomorrow will be better (and everything will be more fresh!).
Monday nights are usually low on productivity because my two favorite shows – Bones and Castle – are on. I’m currently blogging in between the two and I hear the couch calling my name. I’ll be back tomorrow with the first installment of my Personal Prevention Plan series. Have a great night!
PS – If you haven’t noticed already, I updated the Recipes Page and Favorites Page up top…lemme know what you think!