It honestly feels odd to be posting this survey, as it really doesn’t feel like Christmas in my little corner of the world. There is no tree. We are not doing presents. I’m no longer going to Arkansas to visit my family. I live in the mountains and yet there is no snow. And most importantly, I’ve barely spent any time with the guy I love.
But alas, there are more important things going on right now than gifts under a tree (although presents wouldn’t hurt!). To get myself in the spirit I’m doing this survey that I saw on Sweet Tooth Sweet Life the other day. Enjoy!
my husband’s cousin is very good at Christmas
1. Favorite Christmas Album/CD/Song? Andy Williams all the way. It reminds of me Christmases growing up and my grandmother. “It’s the Holiday Season” is a personal favorite. Just type Andy Williams holiday into Pandora…right now.
2. Run on Christmas morning or take the day off? I don’t think I’ve ever exercised on Christmas. There’s too much excitement! Plus I typically tend to stay in my PJs well into the afternoon anyway. Honestly, who gets dressed before they open presents?
3. What do you usually eat on Christmas morning? I can’t really think of anything specific, but I do love hot cocoa in the morning. I think my mother-in-law usually makes scrambled eggs with green chili and biscuits with butter and jam. Again, I’m too concerned with presents to worry about the little things like a balanced breakfast.
4. Favorite holiday or Christmas tradition? I love my family’s tradition of opening presents on Christmas Eve (we just do stockings Christmas morning). If only we could be in AR and CO we could have presents two days in a row!
My husband and I also like to do presents for the kitties. It’s funny watching them open gifts!
5. Real tree, fake tree or no tree? Well, we have no tree this year which is a bummer. But growing up, we had fake trees.
miss my nephew and nieces!
6. Christmas pajamas… yay or nay? I never paid attention to it, but last year all of the ladies on my husband’s side of the family received PJs from his grandma. Mine are pink fleece mini mouse!
7. Where do you spend the holidays? For the fourth year in a row we are staying in Colorado. I know my parents miss me and I miss my family desperately (see cute kids above) but it’s important to be with my husband’s family right now. We will make it back to Arkansas one day!
8. Food that you always have during the holiday season? Favorite Christmas food/treat? Christmas Eve Creamy Crawfish Pasta is a tradition with my side of the family. I made it for my in-laws a few years ago and they loved it too! Sometimes my mom does Gumbo as well. Also, my mother-in-law’s Christmas wreath cookies.
9. Open presents all at once or take turns? Take turns. I love this tradition (although I am impatient!). We also have a Christmas “elf” that gets the pleasure of handing out all of the gifts.
10. Favorite Christmas(ish) movie? Home Alone – no question about it. It’s just not Christmas until I see this movie…and I haven’t yet this year so I better get on it!! The Santa Claus is definitely in the top 5 as well.
What are some of your Christmas favorites??
While you’re here, check out my most recent articles for ShopAtHome.com:
It can be tempting to indulge this time of year. We are constantly being offered holiday foods, desserts, and candies that can quickly add up. Whether you are attending a host of holiday parties or just want to stay healthy this season, check out our easy tips for navigating the holidays while being kind to your waistline.
Holiday potlucks and parties abound this time of year. We are constantly confronted with heavy dishes and indulgent desserts. Instead of letting high calorie party foods derail your diet, consider these fuss free healthy options at your next get together. They are as easy as they are tasty and will help to ease the stress of this busy season.